NAEYC Accredited 5-Star Childcare in Glendale
We are proud to say that we are accredited by the National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and rated 5 stars on the Wisconsin Youngstar rating scale. What is Accreditation? Early Childhood Programs accredited by the National Association for Early Childhood Program Accreditation NAEYC have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study, invited external professional review to verify compliance with the Criteria for High-Quality Early Childhood Programs, and been found to be in substantial compliance with the Criteria.
The program standards and accreditation criteria are based on a conceptual framework with four areas of focus:
- Teaching Staff
- Family & Community Partnerships.
Click to learn more about NAEYC Standards: 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards
What is a high-quality early childhood program?
A high-quality early childhood program provides a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children. We value our accreditation!
In accredited programs, you should see:
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among teachers and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as reading stories, block building, painting, dress-up, and active outdoor play
- Specially trained teachers and administrators
- Ongoing professional development
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- Respect for cultural diversity
- A healthy and safe environment for adults and children
- Inclusive environments
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks
- Regular, two-way communication with families who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- Ongoing, systematic evaluation