Your Child Care and Educational Partner in Glendale
At Glendale Heights Child Care Center, we provide care and opportunities for learning for ages 6 weeks to 12 years old. We proudly offer a wide range of childcare services including, infant care, preschool, before and after school care, and a fun summer program.
Our center is open from 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. If you wish to communicate after hours, please email or leave a voicemail at (414) 352-2551.
We believe the safety of our children must be priority. We recently partnered with Secure Education Consultants to help put a plan in place to ensure our team is prepared for emergencies. With our recent partnership we have successfully completed a site assessment, emergency preparedness planning and critical response training. Your child's safety is an investment we place high value on.
We use the Creative Curriculum as our curriculum; the curriculum is highly recommended by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and is aligned with the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards. The curriculum is play and assessment based- utilizing child and teacher directed activities- through careful observations our staff will assess which areas your child might need individualized attention. While forming partnerships with families we will focus on developing the whole child with focus on the social/emotional, physical, cognitive and language development. These skills are very important in developing positive self-esteem and social skills while developing a curiosity and desire to learn.
It is important to have open lines of communication between our center and the parents. We encourage parental involvement whenever possible. Parent/teacher conferences, open houses and parental visits are some of the ways we work together to provide an easy transition for your child from home to daycare.
Communication between the director, staff, and parents is critical to having a smooth transition between your home and the center. It is important to us that we develop a close relationship with each family in order to meet your child’s needs. Most of our staff work four 10-hour days so that they can be there when you drop off and pick up.
- Teachers welcome your phone calls during the day. The best time to call is between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Conferences can be set up at any time but are offered formally two times a year.
- Each room does have a parent communication board where important information is posted. Please take the time to read it! There are two center information boards one is located mid-hallway and the other one is at the entrance to the Center.
- Staff profiles with a picture are located by each room to help you get to know the teachers.
- The center has quarterly newsletters that go out to all families. Each room has a newsletter that is handed out monthly.
- We encourage parent feedback on our program and services. A Parent Box is located next to the tuition box for suggestions and comments. Of course, you are always welcome to talk to the Director or staff directly.
- Once a year, parent questionnaires are distributed for us to collect family input on the program, staff and administration.